Shaderlight

Wish List…..

support_staff
Total Posts: 302

iichiversii November 2011
  Ok, just taught id mention 2 improvements i would like to see in shaderlight 1.Batch render-i create a few scenes but unfortunately i when 1finishes i need to start render for my next skp file,what i would like to see is a batch render function applied to automaticly render a list of skp files in order.
  2. As iv mentioned before i would like to see sketchphysics animation option applied to shaderlight engine, but if batchrender option was an option then shaderlight could render each skp file automaticly

Does shaderlight have any plans to have a batchrender option available in the near future???

iichiversii January 4 2012
  Another wishlist, i really like the style of the photorealism of the rendering in shaderlight, it fantastic, but i would like to see different styles, for example a toon shader or water colour, i know these effects can be applied using outside programs but only on still images, i would like to see these different styles in animations with shaderlight in the future

vito157
Total Posts: 1

My Wishlist:
1. Pause in rendering
2. Depth of Field
3. Lock proportion of picture
4. Size of picture - the same, like on screen in SketchUp.
5. Alpha channel

jt@jt-architecture.com

GPU acceleration would be first on my list.  I know Shaderlight has some “hardware acceleration” option, but even with that on, and my overclocked i7 processor, rendering could be a lot faster.

From what I have heard, GPU acceleration can make a huge difference.  Getting a rendering in 2 minutes vs. 20 minutes would help my workflow immensely.

I would much rather have this than ‘cloud’ rendering with its associated costs, transmit times, etc.

support_staff
Total Posts: 302

Thanks for the great responses - keep them coming. It’s always good to hear what our users would like to see in future versions of Shaderlight. Rest assured, the dev team sees all of these suggestions…

13sukrits

Hey, I don’t really understand how writing program works or how technical this issue would be but It would be great if you could get both artificial lighting and natural sunlight in the same scene… not sure whether that option is available yet and I just don’t know how to use it or whether it has not been developed yet… but it would really be helpful to get a scene where I could produce a room during the day and not get my entire room to be dark because the size or angle of my window… If this could be solved… It would be fantastic.. Thanks

- Sukrit
http://www.facebook.com/sukritsinteriordesign

ChrisSmith
Total Posts: 51
13sukrits - Sep 22, 2012 09:02am

Hey, I don’t really understand how writing program works or how technical this issue would be but It would be great if you could get both artificial lighting and natural sunlight in the same scene… not sure whether that option is available yet and I just don’t know how to use it or whether it has not been developed yet… but it would really be helpful to get a scene where I could produce a room during the day and not get my entire room to be dark because the size or angle of my window… If this could be solved… It would be fantastic.. Thanks

- Sukrit
http://www.facebook.com/sukritsinteriordesign

Hello,

You can achieve this in Shaderlight. Have a look at this tutorial video on SkyLight Portals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBNPFhy7Tlw&feature=player_embedded#!

You can customise your lights to different levels, to get them to appear in a day time scene.

Chris

Chris
Total Posts: 3

Having used SL Pro for a few months and still learning amazed at the ease of use that allows you to simply get on with the model. Puts 3DS etc to shame on the interface. However think even for advanced users expanding the material library options could be a huge plus if the content developed in the future.

Havent the experience on textiles etc but its an area feel needs a look in terms of adding subtle finishes. Perhaps I have simply missed it so far but importing materials into SU then manipulating in SL perhaps could be expanded upon. If a link somewhere ?
Things like chequer plate, floor tiles, facing bricks textures, Curtains, Fabrics. Again its the subtle output. 

Think you have the lighting spot on, once you grasp the adjustments to exposure etc, (I have learned to add low level fill lights at edge of scenes to fill in shadows and give a more natural look of reflected light from street lamps etc) and the webinar a great help. However as HDR becomes more common on phones etc perhaps the settings will need a look.

Hope of some use. Chris

LKA71
Total Posts: 10

My Wishlist:

1. UV mapping tools with bump maps
1. Pause in rendering
2. Option to shut down computer when rendering ends (and image automatic saved)

zooboing
Total Posts: 46

I really enjoy this software (easy and fast), but there are a few things that I would love to see added:
1) Alpha Maps.  (Ability to isolate objects for post editing in Photoshop. Like windows, background, any object really.)
2) Light falloff for spot lights.  (I know I can use IES, but sometimes a simple spot is perfect, and I would like the cone to not have a sharp edge.)
3) Autosave rendering when finished, and at a set interval (say every 5% of rendering progress, or every 15 minutes, etc.)
4) Special Grass material that bumps and offsets a material to look more like fur/grass.
5) More fine tune with bump editor (ability to add gray scale or B&W image to texture)
6) Special Glass material where the reflection image can be added (pick jpg image to reflect, and control reflection amount.  This way I don’t have to build an environment to reflect.)
7) Exposure editing after rendering is finished.  So I don’t have to re-render if the scene is too dark or blown-out.
8) JPG quality control.  I don’t know how good the jpg output is set.  I really want the best quality, not small file sizes.
9) I list GPU support last, because I don’t know how much Shaderlight uses the GPU to render.  If it does then great, if it does not, then please add this to the next upgrade.  I would even like to see both the processor and GPU chewing on a rendering.

Thanks guys for the wonderful software!!!

jdcamc
Total Posts: 12

I would love to see a timer in the bottom of the Shaderlight window. It would be nice to see the time lapse of each render. Also, I would like to be able to continue a render from where the prior render left off. In other words, to be able to do aother pass from where the previous render left off. There is another rendering program I had tried (and I’m embarrassed to mention it) but it would let you continue the rendering process for “X” amount of passes if you weren’t completely satisified with the first pass(es). It would do 20 passes and once it was finished, you would have an option to do another 20 passes (or how ever much you wanted)and it would pick up from where it left off and continue with the passes. I know that at times even with the setting set at high that there can be some noise that I might be able to remove it if I could continue to render for a while longer. And, finally, I would like to see a dialog box incorporated with the slider used in the “Lighting” option to adjust the degree of the custom file (HDRI). With the dialog box you could type in the exact degree you would want to set the HDR instead of relying just on the slider. Sometimes it’s just a degree of two difference that is needed to get the lighting just right and only using the slider is hard to pinpoint the exact location. Thanks!

RWELLS

I agree with zooboing and would like to see more realistic grass material.

I would also love to have more replace me options - people walking, people sitting, and shrubs come to mind.

onividjm
Total Posts: 20

I’m sure everyone’s found themselves in this position: you finish your model, lights, materials and you convince yourself you’re ready for the high-res render. Then you start it and halfway thru, you realize you forgot something, and of course it is in the bottom right corner of the render. Your only recourse is to stop the rendering, fix the error, then start the rendering all over again. An incredible fix for this would be the ability to only render one portion of the drawing, instead of the entire thing. I think most people are versed enough with post-production software to splice one small section into a larger image, so instead of having to wait another 4 hours (or more) to get that one little corner, I’d just like to be able to render that one section on its own. Yeah I know - woulda shoulda coulda….

hemi

GPU GPU GPU rendering… would be just great !

summerson
Total Posts: 2

Hello to everybody,
I didn´t read all the wishes, so I hope I don´t repeat someone with my suggestions:
I have 3 things to suggest:

1. For glasssurfaces I would like to have some more options to adjust the reflection. The few settings are not sufficient.
2. The inside corners in rooms have a dirty appearance, that is not realistic. A plain surface doesn´t really get much darker to the corner. The difference in darkness is of the position to the lightsource.
3. I would like to have a explorer for the shaderlight lighting to make adjustments easier.

I don´t need to repeat the wish of speed up the rendering time.

Thank you Thomas

paulbee

Light Switches: A panel that shows all the lights in your model so you can switch them on and off like a light switch. Added functionality would be to adjust the light parameters from here as well.

Image Attachments
Lights_on-off.jpg
Click thumbnail to see full-size image
awaddington
Total Posts: 388
paulbee - Jan 14, 2014 06:35pm

Light Switches: A panel that shows all the lights in your model so you can switch them on and off like a light switch. Added functionality would be to adjust the light parameters from here as well.

Good Idea