Shaderlight

Improved Light Options

EGIE
Total Posts: 504

For Exterior Lighting:
- SketchUp Sun with soft shadows
somehow like Physical Sky´s Shadows but without Physical Sky´s atmospheric light discoloration

For Interior Lighting:
- Pointlight with soft shadow option !!!!!!!!!!!!
- Spotlight with soft shadow option !!!!!!!!!!!!
as they are now, these two light sources are useless because of their terrible unrealistic shadows.

Joachim
Total Posts: 20

Hi,

just want to say that it’s great to be able to adjust the diameter of these lights now in SL2017.

Check out the difference in result between a point light diam = 0 and diam = 500mm

Thanks
Joachim

Image Attachments
SL_car_point_light_diam0.jpgSL_car_point_light_diam500.jpg
Click thumbnail to see full-size image
ecoarcdesign@yahoo.com
Total Posts: 41

Also as mentioned years ago…. It would be great to have a “Light Used” list.
- Right now lets say I am using 20 different different types of lights in my scene.
To some all around to tweak them throughout the model is quite time consuming.
- So I (‘Have to”) also copy on of each of the lights used in a line inside a “Box” area I created off to the side,
- Then I can just pick it in the box, tweak the individual lights settings with out having to zoom all over the place.
- It would be cool to have a (Tool Bar/Dialog Box) listing all the different lights used and just tweak it from there?

EGIE

Hi and sorry Joachim u Ecoarcdesign, somehow I have missed your posts here :-)
So thanks for your comments!

@Joachim - Thank you for this great picture example and i am glad to see that this new feature works well obviously. I didn´t find time to update to SU2017 so far and so I do not run the current SL version yet. As soon as I find the time, I will make up for that.
Still I do not understand the update procedure - what do I have to do to update SL? Do I have to uninstall my old version before or just run a setup and the old SL version gets overwritten?

@Ecoarcdesign - I totally agree with your List-idea! As a workaround, I can only offer and recommend using SU’s Outliner, which at least simplifies the choosing of objects immensely because no navigation is necessary in the model…

Thanks & Best,
Egie

kfoojones
Total Posts: 275

Hello EGIE,

Sorry for not replying sooner; I only just noticed your question about installation.

When you are ready to upgrade, you can simply run the Shaderlight 2017 installer and it will overwrite your existing Shaderlight installation automatically.

Regards,
Shaderlight support

EGIE
kfoojones - Jun 13, 2017 02:11pm

Hello EGIE,

Sorry for not replying sooner; I only just noticed your question about installation.

When you are ready to upgrade, you can simply run the Shaderlight 2017 installer and it will overwrite your existing Shaderlight installation automatically.

Regards,
Shaderlight support

Thanks for your help :-)
For sure sketchUp2017 must be installed before running the Shaderlight 2017 setup?
(PS: next time we will do these updates in the company as well :-) )

kfoojones
Total Posts: 275

Hello EGIE,

SketchUp 2017 does need to be installed before Shaderlight 2017 if you also intend to use SketchUp 2017. Shaderlight 2017 remains compatible with earlier versions of SketchUp, though.

Shaderlight support

EGIE

:-)  Thanks !
So simple, short and clear sentences - wonderful !!!!
I always thought that SL2017 requires SkUp 2017 as well

Thanks for making this clear for dummies like me

;-)