Shaderlight

Video rendering

Keith
Total Posts: 15

I have just done my first ‘animation’ render in SL.  Very simple - 6 scenes with transitions.  Forgive me if I am speaking out of ignorance, but it seems more than a little crazy for the engine to render every frame while the scene is completely static. Surely it must be possible for it to ‘understand’ that the scene is static for x seconds and to use the same image as required for the pause in the animation?

It would save a hell of a lot of rendering time…

support_staff
Total Posts: 302

Hi Keith,

that is the way that Shaderlight already works in this situation - if the camera is not moving, it will render the image once and then copy it as many times as needed.

If you are seeing it render multiple times while the camera is stationary it could indicate a problem and we would be interested in finding out more about your setup to see if we can reproduce it here. If this is the case, could you contact us on support@artvps.com and let us know your system specs, operating system and version of Shaderlight please?

If you are not running the latest version of Shaderlight, you can download the most recent release at http://www.artvps.com/index.php/downloads/upgrade_shaderlight