Shaderlight

Save render settings for different scenes

Joachim
Total Posts: 20

Hi,

when rendering multiple scenes, usually every scene requires a different output resolution, lighting and even background setting. So it would be great if Shaderlight would remenber those settings for every scene.

Best
Joachim

EGIE
Total Posts: 487

yes!

If this could be possible, Shaderlight’s animation tool could be used as a batch render tool even!

Image Attachments
daumen-hoch.jpeg
Click thumbnail to see full-size image
awaddington
Total Posts: 373

...could be used as a batch render tool even!

Good thinking - you could set up your scenes the same as you would for an animation, render the frames at one frame per scene (I think you can do that) and walk away.

EGIE

:-)  exactly as you say it - so at least several or all scenes of one file could be processed then over night ...

Btw - because that is still not possible now, I once postet about “HDR Angle Adjustment” over exacte numerical angle input via ruby conole. - The reason was that it is often necessary to render a project again later. Then you must (or you should) use the same light settings as in your previous render

http://www.artvps.com/index.php/discuss/viewthread/2636/
https://youtu.be/_D5tZAqVNH8

kfoojones
Total Posts: 240

Shaderlight 2019 now has an option to set render settings on a per-scene basis.

When the ‘Override render settings for current scene’ option is checked, any changes in the Render Settings dialog will only affect the currently active SketchUp scene.

Image Attachments
Per-scene_Render_Settings_Screenshot.jpg
Click thumbnail to see full-size image
EGIE

... great to have this opportunity finally!
how happy I would be, if this sentence would sound like: Save different settings per scene (or at least something like that ;-) ) because I want to SAVE the current scene settings and try now not to OVERWRITE them !!  Language is a so complicated thing sometimes ;-)  ;-)