Shaderlight

Shadows in model not rendering

Laurenc
Total Posts: 2

I am modeling the interior of a small home. I am using the physical sky setting and have skylight portals on my windows.  Shadows appear in the model but not in the render. They show briefly in the early stages of the render but disappear when the process is about 50% completed. I have “use sun for shading” checked and display on faces and on ground. I’m not sure what to do next. And of course I’m on a deadline. Any solutions or troubleshooting appreciated.

Also if I try the lighting preset such as golf course exterior Shaderlight just quits.  Not sure if the two issues are related.

kfoojones
Total Posts: 275

Hi,

I can’t quite picture what you’re describing - could you post a couple of screenshots showing your SketchUp viewport and the corresponding Shaderlight render? Or, even better, you could send the model (or a Dropbox link, if it’s large) to us at support@artvps.com.

Regards,
Shaderlight support

Laurenc

Thanks I just emailed pictures of the issue.

summerson

Hallo there,
I have the same problem. No shadows are rendered through the window in an interior scene. I use skylight portals, global ilumination and sketchup background or enviroment lighting. Sun beams don´t come through the windows to throw shadows.
Who can help?

kfoojones
Total Posts: 275

Hello,

Sorry for not seeing your post sooner. Could you post a screenshot of your render and another of a wider view of your SketchUp model so that we can try and determine what might be going on? Or send the model or a Dropbox link to us at support@artvps.com.

Regards,
Shaderlight support