Shaderlight

Script Error

JackS
Total Posts: 5

Hi

i get script errors when i open the shaderlight render settings. It prohibits me from choosing an image file, at the lighting section. Am i missing out on something? the solution might really be simple but i really need the help.

I use win 10, sketchup 8, shaderlight

Script error:
LINE: 121
CHAR: 3
ERROR: Object doestn support property or method “add EventListener”
Code 0

Can you help me as soon as possible

Thanks
Jaka

kfoojones
Total Posts: 286

Hi Jaka,

Could you tell us which version of Shaderlight you are using so that we can try the same setup here?

This error has been seen before in certain combinations of SketchUp, Internet Explorer and Shaderlight versions, so upgrading to the latest version of Shaderlight if you don’t already have it may help. If it doesn’t, a more recent version of SketchUp might solve the problem. Both Shaderlight and SketchUp have free trials, so you can test with the latest versions to see if it helps without spending any money up-front. If you do, make sure you experiment with test models, or copies of your real models, because you may not be able to render models that have been edited in the latest version of Shaderlight in older versions should you decide to go back to your current version.

Many thanks,
Shaderlight support

JackS
kfoojones - Jun 19, 2018 01:59pm

Hi Jaka,

Could you tell us which version of Shaderlight you are using so that we can try the same setup here?

This error has been seen before in certain combinations of SketchUp, Internet Explorer and Shaderlight versions, so upgrading to the latest version of Shaderlight if you don’t already have it may help. If it doesn’t, a more recent version of SketchUp might solve the problem. Both Shaderlight and SketchUp have free trials, so you can test with the latest versions to see if it helps without spending any money up-front. If you do, make sure you experiment with test models, or copies of your real models, because you may not be able to render models that have been edited in the latest version of Shaderlight in older versions should you decide to go back to your current version.

Many thanks,
Shaderlight support

It is Shaderlight for Sketchup : 2014 (3.2.0)............48085

kfoojones

Hi Jaka,

Thank you. Could you also check which version of Internet Explorer is installed on your computer. (It doesn’t matter if you don’t use Internet Explorer for browsing – SketchUp uses the Internet Explorer render engine to handle its plugins’ UI regardless of your browser setting.)

Also, would you be prepared to try a newer version of SketchUp? The oldest version of SketchUp that we still have access to is SketchUp 2013, and the Render Settings dialog is working OK for us in that version.

Regards,
Shaderlight support

JackS
kfoojones - Jun 19, 2018 02:52pm

Hi Jaka,

Thank you. Could you also check which version of Internet Explorer is installed on your computer. (It doesn’t matter if you don’t use Internet Explorer for browsing – SketchUp uses the Internet Explorer render engine to handle its plugins’ UI regardless of your browser setting.)

Also, would you be prepared to try a newer version of SketchUp? The oldest version of SketchUp that we still have access to is SketchUp 2013, and the Render Settings dialog is working OK for us in that version.

Regards,
Shaderlight support

It is Internet Explorer11
Version: 11.112.17134.0
Update Version: 11.0.70

JackS

It happened when I updated my windows 3weeks ago, and all browsers (Mozilla, and IE).

Well I have sketchup 2017, but dont have Shaderlight for it, so I dont use it… SKP 8 was running really strong and also fast compared to newer SKP…

kfoojones

Thank you – we have tested with the same set-up besides the SketchUp version, and we are not seeing the script errors here.

Could you try the latest version of Shaderlight so that you can run it in your SketchUp 2017? You can download a free trial from here: https://www.artvps.com/index.php/downloads. I believe that SketchUp made some changes to the way they configure the Internet Explorer renderer at some point, which may have affected the way scripts are processed, so it would be worth testing in a more up to date version.

Regards,
Shaderlight support

JackS

Well I tried to download and install new Shadrlight, but I can not see it in SKP 2017?
I read that I have to uninstal older version of Shaderlight, but, if I do this, then I loose licence?

kfoojones

The new Shaderlight installer should have overwritten your older installation, but it shouldn’t have touched your licence file. Your existing v3 licence won’t activate the Pro features in the version you just installed, but you should have been sent a trial code when you downloaded it to give you 14 days’ access. It may be that you need to enable the Shaderlight extension in SketchUp 2017’s Extension Manager window (from the Window menu).

If you ultimately decide not to upgrade Shaderlight and wish to go back to Shaderlight 3.2, you will need to first manually uninstall Shaderlight in order for the older version to install. Again, your licence file shouldn’t be affected, but you can always reactivate using your original code if necessary.