Shaderlight

Using Shaderlight for V15 on Sketchup V17

adriandbd
Total Posts: 7

I bought Shaderlight to use with SKP Make, V15, a few years back.
When Sketchup decided to stop issuing models from the warehouse in V15 I installed V17 - the last of the downloadable free Sketchups, I’m not prepared to rely on the online later versions which lack the ability to save-as older versions.
A PITA but I was able to download models again and convert them to V15 format so I could render them in V15 Shaderlight.

Now Sketchup in their infinite wisdom/greed have deleted all models in the warehouse before V19 - so they are forcing us to upgrade to SKP Pro!

I discovered an extension to V17 called ‘Open Newer Version’ which allows me to use V17 to open Sketchup models as recent as V20 in V17.

Yesterday I noticed that V17 has the Shaderlight toolbar displayed! Actually, I’d been assigning material properties to models without realising I was not in V15 - and now I find that Shaderlight also renders the models fine in V17.

Weirdly, I haven’t tried to install the extension on V17 since my first attempt failed a couple of years back.

I’m wondering if the ‘Open Newer Version’ extension has changed the configuration of SKP somehow?
I’m not complaining mind you, I’m just hoping it keeps working.

Adrian