Shaderlight

Solar flares?

onividjm
Total Posts: 20

I recently did this rendering. I am generally happy with the results, but for some reason, if you look closely, there are tiny white “flares” in random places. Can onyone tell me what these are and how I can avoid them? This rendering was done at max resolution.

Thanks

P.S. The image shown is not the worst case of this situation - it was just the one I had handy.

Image Attachments
lobby_flares.jpg
Click thumbnail to see full-size image
shaun1993
Total Posts: 112

these are tiny light leaks from the outside of your model, its a bug in sketch up where faces meet one another it has a minute hole where light can enter. Could I ask what version of the software you are using? as the newest version fixes a lot of the light leaks.

You can easily remove them with any photo manipulating software such as photoshop, gimp etc.

Hope that helps

Shaun

onividjm
Total Posts: 20

Thanks shaun1993. I’m currently running Sketchup 8, and did the latest update when it was offered. I was wondering if you know of any difference between Sketchup & Shaderlight whether you use it on a MAC or PC? I have seen different results, with better ones on PC (which was a shock to me, as a MAC person lol).

I did use Photoshop to fix the light leaks, but it was rather annoying to do so (this was only one of several renders that I used).

Thanks again.

shaun1993
Total Posts: 112

Since the new update of shaderlight, I haven’t noticed any light leaks in my interior renders. Talking about the difference of the final renders between PC and Mac (Im also on a Mac), there wont be any difference if it was to be printed out. The only visual difference would be on-screen,due to the kind of display your using and the technical specs of the display/monitor. However as I said on a presentation board/magazine/poster the result will be the same.

Shaun