Shaderlight

Shaderlight Material Editor does not update to selected material

Keith
Total Posts: 15

I have been getting this problem for some time, where I cannot change the active material in the Shaderlight material editor, which I normally do with the eye-dropper tool. It just stays stuck on the last edited material. I can only fix this by restarting SU.

I had hoped the most recent SL update might fix it, but no luck.

I have:

Shaderlight 2.4.1
Sketchup 8.0.16845
Mac OS X 10.8.2

Anyone else or is it just me?!

thanks

ChrisSmith
Total Posts: 51

Hello Keith,

When this happens, what are you doing previous to this? Are you exporting to Shaderlight? Or have you edited a material, then gone into another material?

If you could provide steps on how you reproduce this it would be a massive help for us here.

Chris

darienligarde
Total Posts: 1

i have a similar problem, only that the Shaderlight material editor is now not recognizing any of the materials in the sketchup model. No In Model Material Selected. I have tried several models now. Same message.

ChrisSmith

If you could provide steps on how you reproduce this it would be a massive help for us here.

What platform are you using?

Chris

timbennett
Total Posts: 2

Hi, I’m also having a similiar problem with the Shaderlight Materials Editor.
I’m designing a new retail shopfront & I’ve used a Sketchup transparent material for the glazing. I then opened the Shaderlight Materials Editor & then used the dropper to select the window material. It selected ok then I chose the Type to be Transparent & Thin Glass. I then started the Shaderlight Renderer but the material appeared opaque in the rendering.

ChrisSmith

Was it completely clear? Could you attach the render?

timbennett
Total Posts: 2

Hi Chris,
The glass is totally opaque. I don’t seem to be able to create transparent glass. I’ve attached 2 jpg’s: how the shop is seen in Sketchup & how it is seen in Shaderlight.

Image Attachments
Sunglass_Hut_Shop_-_in_Sketchup.jpgSunglass_Hut_Shop_-_in_Shaderlight.jpg
Click thumbnail to see full-size image
ChrisSmith

Would you be able to forward your scene to support@artvps.com I can then take a look at it myself.

Thanks