Shaderlight

License question

luxgud
Total Posts: 11

Hi

I have recently purchased an ‘educator license’ for use on a home PC. I have just finished constructing a new home PC and I can’t activate ShaderLight on this one.
Do I need to de-activate the other PC license ? I thought I could install ShaderLight on two home PCs ?

Please advise,

thanks

shaun1993
Total Posts: 112

The educator license can only be installed on a single computer,

‘Teachers using SketchUp get full access to all of Shaderlight’s features at an incredible discount. This license can only be installed on a single machine and proof of employment in education is required within 30 days of purchase.’

However if you want to deactivate your original one and put it on your new computer, email: support@artvps.com

They should be able to help you out

Shaun

luxgud
Total Posts: 11

Hi Shaun

Thank you for replying. According to the email I received from Chris Smith, there’s a $50 fee for this ?

Have I misunderstood him, surely this cannot be correct ?

I am happy to deactivate from my old PC as it’s just going to be used as a general PC in the household.

cheers

shaun1993
Total Posts: 112

I dont really know about the background stuff concerning licenses, however if Chris has stated that I guess it is correct, only thing I can suggest is to reply to the email to find out if there are any other ways of dealing with it.

Shaun